Inspection date: 14th February 2017
- Effectiveness of the leadership and management – Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment – Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare – Good
- Outcomes for children – Good
Summary of Ofsted Report
- The newly appointed leadership team is ambitious and has a clear vision for the future. Strategies to gather the views of children and parents in reviewing the quality of the provision are successful. Leaders and staff gained a recognised award for listening and responding to children’s ideas. They create detailed action plans from priorities identified and quickly address any gaps in practice.
- Parents speak very highly of the dedicated leadership and staff team. There are effective strategies in place to provide opportunities for parents to contribute to their children’s learning. Brunton Bear is used as a homelink activity. Parents are invited to write in a diary about the bear’s adventures when at home or on holiday with their child.
- Children are provided with opportunities to develop their understanding of how to lead a healthy lifestyle. The nursery cook completes regular training and works closely with parents and children to devise nutritious and healthy menu options. Children’s individual requirements are very well catered for, including taking into account any allergies or medical needs.
- Children make good progress in all areas of learning. Older children attend the neighbouring school on short introductory visits. They are encouraged to write their own name when creating celebration cards. This helps to prepare children well for their next stage in learning.
Click Here – to read the full Ofsted report.