Our Under 2’s room is a beautifully designed light and airy room with large windows and doors leading to their own outside area. Children are accepted from a few months and will stay until they move into the toddler room at a time when staff and parents feel they are ready for the transition based on each individual child. The area is designed to provide a safe, welcoming and stimulating environment for each unique child.
Excellent child: staff relationships in this room are essential to maximising each child’s development. Recognising that every child is unique is paramount and the centre of our ethos.
The area is designed and laid out for children to crawl then toddle, and explore, with equipment at their height which is easily available for them to touch, feel and play with. After lunch an area is designated for sleep, with low beds and cots and cosy areas are available all day should your child feel sleepy.
Meal times are a sociable occasion, with all the children enjoying the delicious and nutritious home cooked food together around tables, just as they would at home. The main meals are prepared by a highly experienced cook. There is a separate kitchen area within the baby room for sterilising bottles and preparing drinks and snacks.
Each area within the baby room provides the appropriate toys, equipment and activities for all children at all ages and stages of their development:
- Activities are designed for indoors and outdoors for physical development, imagination, linguistics and educational and manipulative play. These activities are led by your child and follow their imagination and interests.
- Sensory equipment and playthings at their level, such as mirrors, textures, noises and sounds.
- Role play and symbolic play encourages children to imitate other environments and situations they know within their own and other cultures.
- Music sessions and equipment encourage speech and rhythm in groups and as individuals.
- Activities and learning take place indoors and outdoors.
Each area will support your child’s development through the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Due to our Baby Room extension we currently have some spaces available for the up and coming Baby Room, if you are interested in a place please fill out a Booking form